01 02 03 Down In My Heart Joy!: Lullabies for a Little One 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Lullabies for a Little One

34

I love how baby girl's sonogram photos can be seen here, hanging up on the wall next to the piano. That same baby girl, showing through her momma's belly, listening to the music.



How beautiful it is, the body that carries and nourishes a child.
  


 

Kristin is a musician.  She studied it in college and still lives it every day.  In the corner next to the piano reside her other treasured, and costly instruments.  A cello, a harp, a guitar, and a flute.  The flute "isn't very good" she'll tell you.  Her good one, a gift from her musician father, was stolen while they lived in San Antonio.

Also in the corner is Zeke's ukelele.  While I was there, he was mostly interested in playing his kazoo.  But Grandpa came over and played the ukelele one afternoon, to my delight.  I'll share those photos soon.

I love that Daniel and Kristin's kids will grow up with music.  Not just Pandora on an iPod, but real, hands-on music.  Several days while I was there, Kristin pulled out some classical sheet music and sat down to play.  I love listening to the piano as much as I love playing it, and I wish I had kept up with reading sheet music sufficiently to be able to sit down with a piece like she does.

The piece she's playing, which can be read in one of the photos of the sheet music, is appropriately titled, "Song of the Pilgrim."  When this little one is born, she will remember being soothed by the sounds of the keys, comforted by the sad and sweet melodies.  What a gift.

Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38