01 02 03 Down In My Heart Joy!: Oscha Roses Juliet with Wild Silk Review 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Oscha Roses Juliet with Wild Silk Review

34
Oscha Roses Juliet

Wraps are measured in meters, because most of them are made in Europe.  A standard size 3 wrap is 3.2 meters.  This one measures 132 inches, which is 3.35 meters.  Size 3 is considered a "shorty", which means you trade the support of a longer wrap with more layers across your bodies, for the speed of quick up/downs, and the coolness of less fabric everywhere.

"Oscha" is the brand of this wrap.  It's the only Oscha I've owned, and probably the last.  They are considered some of the cream of the crop, or "froo-froo" as a old friend of our family would say, or hoity toity or whatever.  I haven't figured out why yet, but I haven't been doing this very long.  It is gorgeous, that could be one reason.

"Roses" is the name of this pattern. In this case, it's pretty obvious, but many brands give their patterns unusual names.  In this case, it's pretty straight forward.

"Juliet" is the name of this color.

The fabric content on this wrap is 80% cotton, 20% wild silk.  I don't know much about it, but I'm guessing that "wild silk" is somehow more desirable or interesting than "silk."

I am wearing this wrap in a "Rucksack tied in front" carry.  It starts with the center around the baby, comes over my shoulders, under my arms, over then under his knees, and back around to tie in front of my waist.  I tried several different ways to wrap this size, and this was quick, easy, and showed off my dress nicely.  (The bridesmaid dress I wore to my sister's wedding, not this dress).

It is a jaquard weave, meaning that pattern is created by different colored threads woven together, so that the pattern is opposite on the different sides of the fabric.  Silvery white roses on a purple background on one side; purple roses on a silvery white background on the other side.  I am technically wearing the "wrong" side out, because I liked the way it looked better.

It is thinner than the Neobulle wrap I have, but thicker than several others I own like Vatanai Orkney or several Ellevills.  It isn't as "floppy" as I might want it to be, but that's because it isn't very broken in yet.  It is pretty supportive, even in a short size like this.  I didn't feel any of the fabric digging into my shoulders the way my thin cotton short wraps do (Bara Barn).  The closest other thing I've tried that I can compare the thickness to is Hoppediz, but I think it's still a bit thinner than the Hoppediz. I honestly don't know that I liked the way it wrapped, other than the fact that it was thick enough to be comfortable in a ruck carry.  But "liking" a wrap is incredibly subjective, so that's just my feeling on it.

This is the wrap I wore at my sister Mercy's wedding (the first set of photos is a different dress, not my bridesmaid dress).  I was a bridesmaid in her wedding.  We had a friend take care of Jax during the ceremony (cartoons on iPhone. I gave the friend some snacks and water to feed Jax during the ceremony, figuring he would be hungry. The friend said Jax declined because he "knew it was a ploy."  So cartoons on iPhone it was.)  During the reception, most of the family was around and able to help with Jax, but sometimes he just wants Mama.  Benjamin and I were videotaping the wedding for Mercy, in addition to being in it, and I did some music for her, etc., so we were going to be busy, not just guests.  I figured I would need to wear Jax at some point during the day, and I did.  I wanted to look pretty while I wore him, and match the event.

I bought five different wraps because it's so hard to tell if a color on your screen will be the right color in person.  This wrap won the contest. Pictures of the other four are at the bottom of this post.

This wrap makes me want to keep it because it's just so gorgeous.  I also have quite a bit of plum purple in my closet, and I like my wraps to match whatever I'm wearing, if possible.  But it's too expensive to have a permanent home with me, so it's listed for sale right now.

Update: After selling this wrap, I had a chance to try on a friend's Oscha Starry Night Nebula. It was the same fabric blend as this one, but it had a definite "smell" to it from the wild silk. It was also very broken in, which had made it it extremely soft (mine was not soft yet), and also made it lose the sheen it had when brand new. It made me realize that this roses I had was hardly used.  I've also tried a bunch more wraps since writing this post, and I would overall say this wrap is medium thickness and medium support. It's not diggy like 100% linen can be, but it's also not super thick like Didymos NHIndia.  It's a great medium weight.





Oscha Roses Juliet



Oscha Roses Juliet




Comparison of five purple wraps. The five that I bought to possibly wear at my sister Mercy's wedding.  The Oscha Roses won the raffle by being the closest to the right shade of plum, and by being short.  The other five wraps were all really long, which takes more time to wrap, and is hotter to wear because you end up with more layers of fabric around you.

Oscha Roses Juliet is on the left.
Top center: Natibaby Plum Dandelions (bamboo blend).
Top right: Natibaby Garnet Pois (linen blend).
Bottom center: Natibaby Old Rose Orchid (cotton/silk/ramie).
Bottom right: Natibaby Old Rose Pancy (cotton/wool).






Updated to add:  Here are the professional photos taken the day of my sister's wedding, but our fabulous friend and photographer Melissa of Willow Grove Photography in Indianapolis.  The most hysterical part about these photos, is in the craziness of bringing everything we needed to the wedding, we left behind my son's black shoes and black socks, that I had purchased just for this event.  Instead, he is wearing faded brown shoes and no socks in all the wedding photos. Oh well!











Labels:

35 36 37 38