01 02 03 Down In My Heart Joy!: Twenty Six Weeks 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Twenty Six Weeks

34


Dear Beta,

Your movements are now frequent enough and strong enough where I often wonder if someone will glance across the room at my belly and notice it pulsing and shaking!  This week you have added a new movement: pushing.  Previously I mostly felt “bumps”, but this week I have also felt firm pushes giving strong pressure in one little spot.

In addition, you are moving all your limbs with more control and strength. When you were smaller, I used to feel bumps, and immediately put my hand over that area.  With patience, I would often feel repeated movements in the same spot.  Now it is sometimes like trying to catch a jumping bean.  I will feel a bump over here, and put my hand there.  But the next bump will be on the opposite side, so I follow it. But then the next one is somewhere else entirely!

You are also big enough that most everywhere I go, people have something to say about you.  There is no doubting my body looks like there is a Beta inside!





Our family has a tradition to make a Thanksgiving link chain.  On or around Thanksgiving Day, we all write things we are thankful for onto little scraps of paper.  Then we staple them together to make a paper chain link.  There will be just enough for us to open one per day, with the last one being opened on Christmas Day.  This week, we opened two that your Daddy wrote - one for you, one for me!



According to averages, you are fourteen inches long, and about one and three-quarter pounds.  Your spine is as long as an average adult hand, and your feet are two inches long already!  No wonder I can feel them so distinctly.

A big event occurring in your development this week is your eyelids will come unsealed!  You will be able to blink and sense light more distinctly than before.  Behind your eyelids, retinas are forming.  When you arrive, your eyes will be a grey-blue color common to newborns, and it will take until you are about two years old for your permanent eye color to be established.

Brain wave activity shows your visual and auditory systems are recognizable, proving you can hear and see.  Under the surface of your skin, oil and sweat glands begin to function.

At church this week, you never stopped moving during the entire band rehearsal, worship, and teaching.  We had an amazing guest speaker, Malcolm Smith, who talked about the meaning of God’s love, and the meaning of His covenant to us, His people.  After the service, I was so touched that I went forward to be prayed for, and they prayed for YOU too.  What amazing prayers have been spoken over and for you, Beta.

This week, since such a big change is happening with your eyes, I am praying over your eyes, physical and spiritual. The Bible has a lot to say on this subject!

Ears that hear and eyes that see – what a gift.  One that we can never take for granted.

“Even children are known by the way they act,
      whether their conduct is pure, and whether it is right.
Ears to hear and eyes to see—
      both are gifts from the LORD.”  (Proverbs 20:11-12)

In my lifetime, I have had the privilege of witnessing several inarguable miracles.  A man at our church was born with one leg about three inches shorter than the other.  He lived over thirty years of his life that way, using orthopedic shoes and always suffering some discomfort.   At one of our church services, he was significantly prayed for, and while we were all there, his shorter leg grew out!  He tried to walk in his orthopedic shoes, and couldn’t do it because his legs were now the same length.

Two miracles I witnessed while a young girl on a mission trip with our church to Mazatlan, Mexico.  One year I REALLY wanted to see a miracle, and had prayed for months before the trip that I would get to pray for someone while we were there, and see them healed.  I met a girl a couple years older than me who came to some of our nightly meetings.  Despite not being able to speak each other’s language, we became friends, and I saw her several times during the week we spent there.  One side of her face was shrunken and deformed since birth, so that she had trouble speaking, and even seeing from that eye.  With my mom’s help, I prayed for her ever time we saw her that trip.  I was devastated when we flew home from Mexico, and she had still not been healed.  Then about a year later, I received a letter from her with a photo taken on her birthday.  I was shocked to see that her face was about ninety percent healed.  There was only a tiny turn of her mouth at one corner to show where the deformity had been.  Over the course of that year, she had been healed a bit at a time.

Another moment was when we were giving away food to needy families in Mazatlan.  Our team had separated rice and beans into brown paper bags in advance.  As families made a line and came up to us, we would hand them two bags.  The trouble was, people kept running home to deposit their bags, and getting back in the long line.  Or if children were present, they would grab their siblings to send them through the line.  Things moved so quickly, we couldn’t really regulate who was receiving the food, we just kept handing out the bags as fast as we could.  The bags were piled behind the group of us who were passing them out, and I distinctly remember turning around at some point, and noticing there were probably less than twenty bags remaining.  As I turned back to the line in front of us, two bags in my hand, I realized many of these people would go home empty handed.  There just wasn’t enough for all the people still waiting in line.  So we just kept grabbing bags and giving them away, again moving so quickly it was hard to keep up.

Twenty minutes or so later, the line had dissipated.  Everyone who wanted food had received it, and no one remained asking for more.  I turned around to what had been the pile of bags behind me, fully expecting it to be depleted.  Instead, there were five or six bags remaining.  I stared, stunned.  Wasn’t it twenty or thirty minutes ago, when the line stretched down the block, that we only had fifteen or twenty bags remaining?  How was it possible that all those people received two or three bags each, and we still had a few left over?  I knew with absolute surety that we had witnessed a miracle.

Beta, I pray that in your lifetime, you will also witness many miracles as this verse in Deuteronomy says.

“He alone is your God, the only one who is worthy of your praise, the one who has done these mighty miracles that you have seen with your own eyes.”  (Deuteronomy 10:21)

I pray that you will remember, truly see the people around you, and take action to care for those in need.

Proverbs says, “Whoever gives to the poor will lack nothing, but those who close their eyes to poverty will be cursed.”  (Proverbs 28:27)

It is often in these moments, where we give ourselves away, that we realize we have been in the presence of God.   He has come to earth and shown Himself in an undeniable way.  My entire life, whenever I have felt sad or far away from God, these things I have seen are some of what I have held onto.  No one can ever convince me these things didn’t happen.  I was there.  I saw them with my own eyes.  Neither person, nor spirit, nor my own rationalizing can argue with these things I have seen.  May the same be true for you.

“But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
  and He will stand upon the earth at last.
And after my body has decayed,
      yet in my body I will see God!
I will see Him for myself.
      Yes, I will see Him with my own eyes.
      I am overwhelmed at the thought!” (Job 19:25-27)

“I will study your commandments and reflect on Your ways.
    I will delight in your decrees and not forget Your word.
    Be good to Your servant, that I may live and obey your word.
 Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in your instructions.
    Teach me your decrees, O LORD; I will keep them to the end.
    Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions;
      I will put them into practice with all my heart.
 Make me walk along the path of your commands,
      for that is where my happiness is found.
urn my eyes from worthless things,
      and give me life through your word.”  (Psalm 119:15-18, 33-37)

As you begin now to see shades of light and dark, and when you emerge into bright daylight and can see in greater detail, may the face you seek most be the one of our dear Lord Jesus.

“I lift my eyes to You,
      O God, enthroned in heaven.  (Psalm 123:1)


Twenty Five Weeks Pregnant
Twenty Four Weeks Pregnant
Twenty Three Weeks Pregnant
Twenty Two Weeks Pregnant
Twenty One Weeks Pregnant
Twenty Weeks Pregnant
Nineteen Weeks Pregnant
Eighteen Weeks Pregnant
Seventeen Weeks Pregnant
Sixteen Weeks Pregnant
Fifteen Weeks Pregnant
Fourteen Weeks Pregnant
Thirteen Weeks Pregnant
Twelve Weeks Pregnant
Eleven Weeks Pregnant
Ten Weeks Pregnant
Nine Weeks Pregnant
Eight Weeks Pregnant
Seven Weeks Pregnant
Six Weeks Pregnant
Five Weeks Pregnant
Four Weeks Pregnant




tags: twenty six weeks 26 weeks pregnant pregnancy blog, twenty six week size, what size, fetal development, fetus, baby, belly, praying for baby, pray

Labels:

35 36 37 38