01 02 03 Down In My Heart Joy!: Thirty Seven Weeks 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Thirty Seven Weeks

34

Dear Beta,

Beginning today, and for the next five weeks, you are officially considered “full term.”  In five weeks or less, we will finally get to meet!  Your Daddy and I get increasingly excited with each passing week.

At our appointment with our midwife this week, we found that my body is showing less than stellar results as we near the end of this pregnancy.  While things are acceptable for now, Robin is keeping a close eye on us, to be sure you and I continue along in a healthy manner.  So I ramped up prayers for you, and asked multiple people at church to be praying specifically for my body to reduce its not-so-great symptoms, and stabilize in safety.  I have worked so hard during this pregnancy to take care of us both, and I really need it to pay off.  Our naturopath also gave me a new batch of vitamins to help my body sustain both of us here at the end.  I hope the vitamins and prayers have a significant effect this week!

The good news is that you are doing such a beautiful job of being in the right place for birth.  You are still in the left occiput anterior position (head down, spine to my left, feet to my right), in a curved “C” shape.  After feeling your body inside your house, Robin said you are most likely already at “zero station”, which means your head is positioned between my pubic bones, “engaged” and ready for labor to begin.  This was good news, to know you are waiting in such a perfect position for you and I to have a good labor.

Depending on how I am sitting or laying, I frequently feel pressure on my left hip bone.  Robin said that is your shoulder!  Throughout the day, you still shift your weight, and move your feet and knees around all the time.  You are such an active kiddo!

I asked Robin to guess your size and arrival, just for fun.  She said if we get near term (three more weeks), she would expect you to be around 8 to 8.5 pounds.  She also guessed that you will arrive during spring break (March 10th - 17th).  She said her size guesses are usually off not more than a half pound!

If I could choose a date for you to arrive, it would be March 13th, because your Daddy and I were engaged on June 13th, and married on October 13th, so it is a special date for us.  Of course, you will come when you are ready, so we will be patient to see what happens!




This week I sorted through all the baby clothes we have been given.  I organized them into ages / sizes, and put them into labeled bins under your crib.  There were two bins of boy clothes, and nine of girl clothes!  If you are a girl, you have more clothes than you can wear.  You would get to wear two or three outfits each day and possibly never wear the same outfit twice!  If you are a boy, we will probably get more hand-me-downs from good friends, so you will still have plenty of clothes to wear.

Everything newborn size through three months is now washed and folded.  As soon as our dressers are finished this week, I will stock them with clothes and diapers.  Your Daddy helped wash and fold some of them, and he couldn’t get over how adorable everything is!  He will have fun picking out cute things and dressing you, I’m sure.

Our to-do list before you are born finally has an end in sight.  It had seemed to be growing bigger each time we crossed things off, but it is finally beginning to grow shorter.  This is good, because I am starting to feel more and more like just resting and being lazy!  I think that is a sign my body wants to gather strength in preparation for the hard work of your delivery.

All of our supplies for your birth are in bags and clearly labeled for the midwives.  In order to “waterproof” our bed, we bought a large plastic tarp from Home Depot and wrapped it around our mattress.  The first night it was on our bed, your Daddy and I couldn’t stop laughing, because every time we moved, it sounded like we were rolling on bags of chips!  There are other not so “crunchy” waterproofing solutions, but this was the cheapest effective one we could find!

According to averages, you are now about nineteen inches long, and weigh over six pounds!  It almost feels silly to state average length and weight, because by this point, you are so unique.  You could arrive at forty weeks and only be six pounds, or arrive at forty weeks and be nine pounds!  Babies vary so much that averages become pretty unreliable by now.  Regardless, we know for a fact that you continue growing and gaining weight, which is really what we want.  For you to be healthy, strong, plump, and ready to meet the world.

The Lord has promised to keep you safe, and I know He will also keep me safe.  The prayers supporting us are strong, and I know He hears.

“Yet if you devote your heart to Him and stretch out your hands to Him,
   if you put away the sin that is in your hand and allow no evil to dwell in your tent,
   then, free of fault, you will lift up your face; you will stand firm and without fear.
You will surely forget your trouble, recalling it only as waters gone by.
Life will be brighter than noonday, and darkness will become like morning…
You will be secure, because there is hope;
   you will look about you and take your rest in SAFETY.”  (Job 11:13-18)

“Whoever listens to Me will live in SAFETY
   and be at ease, without fear of harm.”  (Proverbs 1:33)

“In peace I will lie down and sleep,
   for You alone, Lord,
   make me dwell in SAFETY.”  (Psalm 4:8)


Thirty Six Weeks Pregnant

Labels:

35 36 37 38